Braves' Venters helps fight hunger at Atlanta Community Food Bank |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
ATLANTA -- Atlanta Braves player Jonny Venters recently joined a team of Bank of America volunteers to help at the Atlanta Community Food Bank.
Together, everyone sorted and packed 14,000 meals made up of 21,000 pounds of food.
Venters said, "It was great to volunteer with Bank of America employees and the Atlanta Community Food Bank to help make a difference and fight hunger in our community."
According to a spokesperson for Bank of America, the number of children living in insecure households has grown in the past year. The efforts of the volunteer event helped to bring food to those families in need of a meal.
Upcoming Events near West Side
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running