Suspect shot by APD officer in N.W. Atlanta | News
ATLANTA (AP) - Authorities say a man is in stable condition after being shot in the hip by an Atlanta police officer.
Atlanta police spokesman Sgt. Curtis Davenport says the suspect was walking down the street Monday morning holding a loaded shotgun. Davenport said officers fired at the man, hitting him once in the left hip.
Davenport would not say whether the man fired at officers before he was shot. He said one of the officers sustained minor injuries but did not say what they were.
The suspect's name was not released.
Upcoming Events near West Side
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running