CRCT Investigation Report: Blalock Elementary School | Schools
Blalock Elementary School
Principal: Frances Thompson
Testing Coordinator: Charla Cheatham
SRT-4 Executive Director: Tamara Cotman
ATLANTA -- The Governor's Special Investigators' look into allegations of CRCT cheating in Atlanta Public Schools concluded that more than 67 percent of classrooms at Blalock Elementary were flagged for "wrong-to-right erasures" in 2009.
Frances Thompson, the current principal at Harper Archer Middle School, led Blalock during the 2009 test. Many teachers told investigators they believed SRT-4 director Tamara Cotman moved Thompson so she could cheat and bring test scores up at Harper Archer.
Teachers Kelli Koen and Malika Syphertt both claimed their students spoke of other teachers giving them answers to CRCT questions and cheating "regularly," according to the report.
When questioned about the accusations, Thompson denied that there was cheating on the 2009 CRCT.
Although investigators could not specify who cheated, they concluded that Thompson "failed in her ultimate responsibility for testing activities." (264)
Upcoming Events near West Side
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running