CRCT Investigation Report: Turner Middle School | Schools
Turner Middle School
Principal: Karen Riggins-Taylor
Testing Coordinators: Melanie Robinson & Keala Edwards-Cooper
SRT-4 Executive Director: Tamara Cotman
ATLANTA -- The investigation into Atlanta Public Schools determined that CRCT cheating occurred at Turner Middle School in 2009.
The investigation concluded that there was widespread cheating and the principal should have been aware of it.
Mary Gordon, a teacher at Turner, testified that she was given a test and answer sheet and told to use it as a “teaching tool.” After reporting the incident to her supervisors, she was placed on a Professional Development Plan. (278)
Principal Karen Riggins-Taylor denied cheating but did not have an alternate explanation for the high number of "wrong-to-right-erasures."
The investigation concluded that Riggins-Taylor failed to properly monitor the 2009 CRCT and adequately supervise testing activities and test security.
Upcoming Events near West Side
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds