CRCT Investigation Report: White Elementary School | Schools
White Elementary School
1890 Detroit Avenue
Principal: Tamarah Larkin-Currie
Testing Coordinator: Kevin Wright
SRT-4 Executive Director: Tamara Cotman
ATLANTA -- More than 47 percent of the classrooms at White Elementary School were flagged for cheating on the 2009 CRCT, according to a report released Tuesday.
The Governor's Special Investigators said this number dropped to 22.9 percent when state monitors were present in 2010.
There was "a strong indication of cheating on a broad scale at White Elementary School." Kevin Wright, an instructional liaison specialist during the 2009 CRCT, said that principal Tamarah Larkin-Currie was the only person with access to the stored tests.
When interviewed by investigators in February, Larkin-Currie said that she believed students were responsible for the multiple "wrong-to-right erasures" found on their answer sheets. She also told the Blue Ribbion Commission that it was "a fact" that no teacher at White would cheat.
"It is apparent Larkin-Currie was out of touch with what was going on in her school," the report said. (281)
Tamarah Larkin-Currie is still the principal of White Elementary, according to the school's website.
Upcoming Events near West Side
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds